Thursday, October 17, 2013

Too Many Ideas

One problem I struggle with is that I either have no ideas or, alternately, too many at once. With time constraints and thought pattern fluctuations, I struggle to write in both settings. Finding the perfect balance of ideas and time can be very difficult.

Even with endless days and time, I still struggle to write. I know this from previous experience. I used to blame my writer's block on simple things like a lack of inspiration. Over time, however, I come to see that writer's block is a complex animal. In the end, I think it isn't something that can be completely avoided.

My one hope is to continue writing whenever I am able. Instead of becoming angry at myself during a dry spell, I just need to wait it out. The ability to write is like the tide. Either it's rolling in or out, and sometimes it's a tsunami.

No comments:

Post a Comment